Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers' Day

I want to take a moment to wish all the moms who read NewsOverCoffee a Happy Mothers' Day.

I don't know exactly how many of you are reading, but I know it is more than a few. Comments sometimes make it seem that it is mostly men, but email I've received has often been from mothers who are concerned about an issue or have asked me to share news about an event or activity they have helped to organize for the kids.

I've also been pleasantly surprised to get email or when I run into friends and former classmates' moms, many of whom are now grandmothers happily spoiling their grandchildren in ways incomprehensible to their own children, and they tell me how much they enjoy the site. Or from moms of my children's friends who are surprised at first to learn I'm the 'Ross' being referred to.

I know the moms in my life, my wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother, as well as all the other friends and family who are moms, have more than earned a day of thanks for all that they do.

Today appears to be shaping up as a very nice one. Enjoy it and to all the moms who happen across this post - happy Mothers Day and thanks for all you do.

No comments: