Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Thank You!

For fun, I decided to take a look and see what September's web site stats were like. I haven't been regularly looking at these for over a year and - wow! There were 11,238 visits and 18,163 page views. An astonishing41% of visitors came to the site 50 or more times and another 22% visited 9 to 49 times.

By comparison, I launched on March 26, 2006 and added Google Analytics in May of 2006, the first month of tracking showed 400 visits and 800 page views. By October, the numbers jumped to 3,400 visits and 7,145 page views.

Having been online for thirty one months, this is great progress. With a population of 24,000 people in the communities served by the school district, it seems the site has made great inroads and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who reads, comments, and submits information either by email or by posting directly.

I also want to thank everyone who has taken the time to tell their friends and neighbors, because the entire growth of this site was based on word-of-mouth.

If you have any ideas to add to the site, links, information, features, please let me know, I'm always looking to update and upgrade.

Call for Contributions/Information
I genuinely thought groups and organizations would want to contribute information about their events, activities, fundraisers, and meetings. To me it is a way to grow awareness, attract volunteers, and increase attendance and hopefully donations/contributions at zero cost.

SOOOOOO, if you belong to a group or organization (Lions, Kiwanis, PTA, Church related, Youth Sports, Band, etc.) and want to keep people informed of what is happening contact me at editor@newsovercoffee.com.

Even a simple summary post with a link to your site for full details would be appreciated by all.

2 comments:

Anne Coleman said...

Congrats! Those are certainly awesome stats.

Sandi said...

Thank you for keeping us informed.