Sunday, December 11, 2011

Early NOC Reflection

As noted, at the end of this month I'm going to be closing down NewsOverCoffee. While I continue to post on what is happening, I also wanted to take a look back.

When I relaunched the site in 2006, I focused on Borough Council and then NASD. I wanted to start at the geographical heart and work outward to expand. My first regular posts came end of March and by April and May a couple people found the site and I'd get the stray comments.

It was on August 8, 2006 that a post of mine drew more than 10 comments (11 in this case) and it was regarding "Community Pride" as a result of an increasingly contentious Council Committee's attempt to build a new Government Center in Nazareth.

The comments are interesting to re-read five and a half years later, because it is clear from them that I was only then establishing the environment that currently exists on the site. It is always good to share and discuss and I'm glad to see how the site evolved. I'm also pretty good with what I wrote about the core topic this many years later with much more observation and experience.

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive both publicly and behind the scenes.

Posted via email from Ross Nunamaker

No comments: