Thursday, July 06, 2006

Did you hear the one about...(07-06-06)

I debated running pieces like this and finally decided its the perfect place provided the comments contribute to the conversation in a positive way. If not, I'll either stop or require registered users to post comments. To date I've not had a problem so I think this will work fine.

If you've heard a rumor about something brewing in the Nazareth area let me know and if I think its appropriate I'll post it under the title above (with the date of the post in parenthesis). Then I'd encourage people to contribute information about the rumor, particiularly those involved to clarify it.

So here goes the first one:

Did you hear the one about the Nazareth Area School District Teachers' Association going on strike this year?

I've not heard much except that discussions have not gone well between the District and the Association and as a result some believe it won't be possible for them to come to a contract agreement prior to the start of school.

What have you heard on this subject? What are the key issues keeping them apart? What are your thoughts on a potential strike?

No comments: