Saturday, February 17, 2007

What Got Away From Me This Week

What a week. I knew it would be busy for me due to work commitments, but the weather made it even more so. There was some correspondence I received and comments I meant to make that I simply couldn't get to so here they are:

  • Deb Miller sent me an update on Mike "The Rage" Miller's progress in become a top tier pro wrestler, as he completed in a successful event at Council Rock South High School supporting Alex's Lemonade Stand. Mike is the up and comer along with former stars Jimmy SuperFly Snooka and King Kong Bundy. Several Philadelphia area media outlets had reports including CBS 10, radio and print.
  • Received a Press Announcement from Yvonne Falcone of Upper Nazareth who is a candidate for District Magistrate. Her release addressed her participation in the "Resident to Candidate" event held by NewsOverCoffee at the News Agency last Thursday. The release included: “The session was helpful in terms of providing information and feedback on the election process,” stated Attorney Falcone. “I was impressed to see the cross-section of candidates and interested residents and I am excited at how energized the community is for this election.”
  • Joe Greene of LowerNazareth.org forwarded to me an article by Arlene Martinez written January 2006 about the building plans in Nazareth. A lot of interesting items in this article, his point to me was that the MS then cost $40.8 million and there was no mention of a pool. More on that article in a separate post to come.
  • Bernie O'Hare has a post related to the District Magistrate race specific to the petition of announced candidate Mark Franczak (read the post here). In short, Franczak left his petition at a local business for individuals to sign and election law requires them to be circulated by a registered voter of the party from which signatures are being sought (ie a Republican can get Republican signatures and a Democrat from Democrats).
  • If you are interested in running for office, contact the Election Office and visit my post on the meeting where you can get a copy of the notes with all contact information included (will see if I can get the audio up this weekend - I know I said that last weekend as well;-).
  • Finally, if you ever have a question or topic that you want to raise or discuss, email me and I'll make a post so it can have a space of its own. I saw a comment in regard to the auditorium use with the online anonymity and obviously people wouldn't look for that topic under the subject line. Feel free to send email to editor@newsovercoffee.com and I'll put it up for discussion as a post or in a list like this one.

No comments: