Sunday, February 04, 2007

4th Candidate for Magistrate - Chief Siegfried

The Morning Call today reported (read the article here) that Upper Nazareth Police Chief Alan Siegfried has announced he will be a candidate for the District Magistrate seat held by Elmo Fry who is not seeking re-election.

Siegfried becomes the fourth person to announce including, Yvonne A. Falcone, Todd Buskirk, and Mark Franczak.

If you want to learn how to become a candidate for local office in 2007, come to the Nazareth News Agency on Thursday, February 8 at 7:00 p.m. for a free, one hour, non-partisan program. Questions, contact editor@newsovercoffee.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone else has ever had an experience with Mr. Seigfried as the chief of police but from my own personal experience I am not applauding him as a candidate for district magistrate. I in the past have found him to be unhelpfull and condiscending, He does what he feels like doing when it comes to the law, he interprets it the way he wants to. I have no faith in him as chief of police and therefore donot support his candidancy for District Magistrate. We need someone who will be tough on criminals and I have found that he just turns the other cheek and favors the offenders. He doesn't want to press charges...he wants the victim to press the charges even when a ligitimate crime has been committed.

Anonymous said...

Ross,

I thought John Capobianco from Washington St in the boro was also a candidate for district magistrate. I believe on Tuesday evening at Holy family he will be speaking about why he is the man for the job. Maybe you can find out the details and post the info.


Cindy

Anonymous said...

Ross,

I forgot to tell you that I think John's background well qualifies him. I think he works in the criminal justice system for the county. Not sure in what capacity.

Cindy